Porter Robinson - Worlds (Synthpop, 2014)
Figured out i'd start album review with this, considering it had recently turned 7 years old and is my favourite album of all time.
- Divinity (ft Amy Millan): I might hate Google, but apparntly they liked this song so much they put it in one of their year in search videos. 7/10
- Sad Machine: This song makes me want to send hugs to a computer (if it was possible to do so), reminds me of a certain fnf mod. theneedledrop aka Anthony Melontano has compared it to Crystal Castles and M83; I can hear a tiny bit of each but when I say tiny i mean barely sounding like said bands. 9/10
- Years of War (ft Breanne Duren and Sean Caskey): 10/10
- Flicker: The vocal chops work somehow work surprisingly well, 9/10
- Fresh Static Snow: The live edit has one of the nastiest drops ever done by Porter. 8/10
- Polygon Dust (ft Lemaitre):
- Hear the Bells (ft Imaginary Cities): This is actually a remix of another song, but Porter's remix is pretty good, 7/10
- Natural Light: At first it sounds like any other song from this album, but as the song progresses more and more it starts to sound like some of Flume's earlier stuff, with some Flicker-esque vocal chops
- Lionhearted (ft Urban Cone): 10/10
- Sea of Voices: This is what Hans Zimmer would sound like if he was an electronic musician, 10/10
- Fellow Feeling: The noise drop, while supposed to be intentionally bad, is nasty as shit. 9/10
- Goodbye to a World: HOLY SHIT Y'ALL IT'S THE FUNNY AMOGUS IMPOSTER TIKTOK SONG!!! 9/10
Overall: 10/10. One of the best, if not the best, album of all time. Anthony Melontano gave this a 5, but i would give it an 11 if i could. I highly recommend a listen.